Fundraisers are actually a wonderful and fun part of school life here at DCS. Though our budget relies heavily on fundraisers, we have found that the fundraisers we do are blessings in more ways than one. Many of our parents and staff enjoy the camaraderie of getting these events planned and implemented, the students love the excitement in the air and their part in running the races, gathering change, etc., our church families and community enjoys the benefit of supporting a great school and having fun, positive activities for themselves and their families in the Decatur area. Below is a list of our annual fundraisers. Choose one or all of which to be a part. Details are available as events get closer.
- A Safari Night Dinner/Auction – This year, we’re auctioning off an actual African Safari! May 7, 2011, 5:30 PM Lampstand Church, $25 ticket purchased through school office – 877-5636
- Market Day – Ongoing quality food product ordering
- Scrip - Ongoing gift/merchandise/service card ordering
- Race for Education – Friends and Family sponsor our preschoolers through high schools students by challenging them to run as many laps as possible within an hour. Event held every October. Race for Education is one of our most significant fundraisers.”
- Fall Ball– Huge Market Day pie sale, Florida Citrus Fruit Sale, and Christmas Poinsettia Sale the month of November. Pies arrive in time for Thanksgiving, fruit and poinsettias in early December
- Pennies for Pies – Students compete to bring in loose change in order to purchase Market Day pies for the Community Thanksgiving Baskets
- Partners for Progress Banquet – Pledge campaign held every winter. 10% of money raised through Partners for Progress is tithed back to ministries in our community.
- Athletic Fundraisers – Athletic programs are very expensive so in order to offset those expenses, individual sports and our great Booster Club may hold fundraisers throughout the year.